Visitors, staff or volunteers at a residential aged care facility should not be anyone who:
- is unwell
- has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
- has returned from overseas in the last 14 days (excluding safe travel zone countries)
- has had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- has visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the hotspot was declared (whichever is shorter)
- has been tested for COVID-19 and is waiting for the result (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
- has COVID-19 symptoms of fever (37.5 degrees or more), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or fatigue.
- On arrival at the village we require all visitors to report to reception area for mandatory screening and sign in. Please follow the below steps to access the aged care home at any time.
- Use your access swipe cards/fobs to access the car park, ground floor and the main entrance where you will need to sign in. If you experience issues with your swipe card please notify reception during business hours.
- From the main entrance upon completing your details and confirming compliance with the COVID safe protocols, you will be provided a unique code for the lift which will allow access to visit your loved one in their residential aged care suite. The unique code can only be used for that visit then it will expire.
- Enter the code into the black box located outside and inside the lift and press #.
- Use the pin code to return to reception area and sign out upon exit.
Face masks maybe required depending on local directives. Please come prepared with one and follow the directives set out on the entry sign process.
- At all times 1.5 metres social distancing is to be maintained whilst visiting the home.
- A maximum of four (4) people can travel in a lift at any time provided 1.5m distancing is practiced
- Upon arriving on the floor, all visitors are to sanitise their hands again then make their way directly to the resident’s room on the agreed path of travel. All visitors are to remain in the resident’s room.
- If, during the visit, you wish to go outside please use the main lift and avoid passing though ground floor common areas wherever possible.
NOTE: For external outings, please ensure an outing form is completed and approved in advance before leaving the premises. These are available on our website or at reception and are require to support the safety contract tracing and the safety of our residents.
- At the end of your visit please return to reception and sign out. If you have elected to make an outing, involving taking a resident off site, we ask that before leaving the village you sign out at reception and when you return complete the sign in process again